The Irish Red Cross has has joined together with 25 other Irish charities to bring donors The Good Form, a brand new charity taxback initiative that aims to bolster fundraising figures but at no extra cost to the Irish donor.
Twenty six of Ireland’s leading charities have come together under The Good Form initiative in a bid to encourage donors to give again just by adding their signature to the form, allowing their charity of choice to claim tax relief on their donations.
Speaking at the launch of The Good Form, economist David McWilliams said, “This is an enterprising scheme that could potentially boost any one of the charity’s income by thousands of euro.”
“By simply adding their signature to The Good Form anyone who has donated €250 or more in a year can help their chosen charity even further, yet it won’t cost the donor or the charity another cent”, said McWilliams
It is estimated that there are a further 50,000 Irish donors who could enable the taxback on their donations to benefit their charity of choice, with a combined value of up to €15m.
The Good Form is available from all eligible charities in Ireland. Forms are pre-populated with the donor’s details in order to simplify and speed up the process for the donor.
Members of The Good Form initiative are:
2. Alzheimer Society of Ireland
4. Bone Marrow for Leukaemia Trust
5. Care Trust
6. Croí, The Heart & Stroke Charity
7. Dogs Trust
8. Fighting Blindness
10. Irish Cancer Society
11. Irish Heart Foundation
12. Irish Red Cross
13. Jack & Jill Foundation
14. Laura Lynn, Ireland’s Children’s Hospice
15. Merchants Quay Ireland
16. MS Ireland
17. Our Lady’s Hospice & Care Services
18. Orbis Ireland
19. Peter McVerry Trust
22. The 3Ts
23. The Mater Foundation
- The Good Form campaign is an initiative of the Irish Charities Tax Reform Group (ICTR). It brings together charities and other good causes to promote greater uptake of tax relief on donations to donors through shared marketing and publicity. See www.ICTR.ie for more details.
- For further information or to arrange an interview with Sheila Nordon, Executive Director of ICTR contact: Rebecca Dunne – Press Officer on behalf of The Good Form campaign – 087 743 3275 or mediagoodform@ICTR.ie