About the Irish Red Cross
The Irish Red Cross is at the forefront of delivering aid to vulnerable people in Ireland and in countries around the world that have been struck by wars or natural disasters.
To be Ireland’s premier community service organization, through the implementation of the Red Cross Charter, preventing and alleviating human suffering, protecting life and health, ensuring respect for the human being by continually delivering a high quality humanitarian service to society at home and abroad. The Irish Red Cross provides care to the most vulnerable at home and abroad in peace, crisis and disaster.
The Irish Red Cross is currently undergoing changes to its corporate governance structure to bring it in line with modern practice. All change will be subject of the agreement of the Government of Ireland and the International Committee of the Red Cross.
The Irish Red Cross is part of the world’s largest humanitarian aid organisation The Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement with apx. 97 million volunteers in 186 countries. Our Volunteers and staff work in communities all over Ireland and overseas.
If you would like more information about the Irish Red Cross please see www.redcross.ie
• Are considered likely to incite violence
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit or abusive
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Target named individuals
• Contain fraudulent information
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity
• Advertise products or services for profit
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Are anonymous
• Repeatedly post the same or similar messages (‘spam’)
• Are unrelated to the comment thread they are posted in
• Include contact details such as telephone numbers and postal or email addresses
• Are written in anything other than English or Irish
• Post unauthorized links to other websites
Individuals who repeatedly break the above rules may eventually be blocked from posting on our page.
Repeatedly posting personal or offensive comments about individual members of the public, people who work for the Irish Red Cross or people who are members of the Irish Red Cross may be considered harassment. We reserve the right to remove such messages and take action against those responsible.